Bounce Back Win for the Browns

Bounce Back Win for the Browns

After a bad loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers last week, the Cleveland Browns bounced back to pull out a close game against the Cincinnati Bengals.  As a result of this big win, the Browns now have a record of 5-2 ( 5 wins and 2 losses).  This is a huge win for the Browns keeping them close in the playoff race.

There were a lot of ups and downs throughout the game including a pick at the Browns own goal line to save a touchdown and a few plays later Baker throwing one of his own.  Rookie Joe Burrow showed lots of promising moments shredding up the Browns defense on multiple drives.  Good thing starting quarterback Baker Mayfield was able to fight back after his rough start to carry the Browns to victory.

The Browns new coach Kevin Stefanski showed great poise and problem-solving after a few rough drives from Baker.  Baker struggled throughout the first half of the game going 0-5 one of those incompletions being an interception.  A change was needed, and therefore a change was made.  ” If the Browns want to keep the wins coming in, we are going to need more games like this from Baker and overall better performance from their defense,” says junior Aidan Sterling.

Coach Stefanski started to play it safe going passing for less yardage but being more consistent while doing it.   After going 0-5 Baker adapted to the changes finishing the rest of the game 22-23, as well as setting a new franchise record of most passes completed consecutively (21) beating out Bernie Kosar.

The Browns fought the whole time to pull out this win.  The score was back and forth the whole game until the last 11 seconds of the game.  This was the deciding factor to put away the game for good.  After a scoring drive from the Bengals, the Browns were given 1 minute and six seconds to score doing just that.  A few plays went by and the Browns are already almost halfway into the Bengals territory with about 16 seconds to go.   Stefanski went with a risky play and had Baker chuck it up to the rookie Donavan Peoples-Jones who made the amazing catch in the back of the endzone to win the game.

Is this good enough?