Browns Week 8

Last weekend, the Cleveland Browns went up against a very intimidating Las Vegas Raiders team.

The Raiders were coming into this game as 3-3,  but had beaten teams like the New Orleans Saints and the defending champions Kansas City Chiefs. They have been led by their rushing attack with Josh Jacobs top running back in the league and a very reliable quarterback in Derek Carr.

The Browns came out of the gates very slowly, having nothing in the first half, but also giving up nothing in the first quarter —  a very defensive-dominated game by each side. The weather didn’t help either of the teams in this game either with winds up to twenty-three miles an hour.

After a missed field goal by Daniel Carlson, the kicker of the Raiders, the Browns put up a field goal. But this would be one of their only scores of the day because the Raiders held them to six-points the whole game. The Raiders did what they have been doing all year which is running the football.

It also doesn’t help that our superstar defensive end Myles Garrett left in the second half of the game due to injury. Lakewood High chool student Josh Boykin says, “When Myles isn’t in the game, our defense looks so vulnerable to the rushing attack. The Browns offense looked off all game, not completing the drive with a touchdown. The only drive they looked like they were rolling Harrison Bryant fumbled and the Raiders recovered.”

The Browns have a bye week this week, letting Myles Garrett recover from his injury to play in week 10 against the Houston Texans.