Joshua Ferry

Joshua Ferry

Senior Joshua Ferry is a stellar student here at Lakewood High School. He achieves great grades in the classroom and to go along with it, he is an amazing member of the community.  Josh has worked with both H2O and Lakewood Alive to make Lakewood a better place.

Q: How has online school gone for you?

” Online learning has gone fine for me.  I find it to be better than in-person learning.  Though you don’t get the student to teacher or student to student interaction you normally would in school, you get to work at your own pace and on your own time.  It teaches you responsibility.”

Q: How has COVID-19 affected your senior year?

” COVID-19 has actually helped my senior year in many ways, specifically for the college admissions process.  It’s gone way quicker which is nice, but it has been a hassle to get all this information done like FAFSA and senior picture while remote and while we are very limited on what we can do.  I am not a social person, so I have not been affected by the social aspect.  I also don’t play any sports, so COVID hasn’t affected me in that way.  I know it has for other kids though.”

Q: Do you hope to go back to school in person after winter break?

“I prefer not to go to school after the winter break.  Given the direction the numbers are going in and what’s to come after the holidays, I don’t want to take that risk.”

Q: Do you have a favorite memory at Lakewood High School? If so, what?

“My favorite memory at LHS is taking Human Rights with Mr. Lobazzo.  I learned so much from that class and highly recommend everybody to take it.”

Q: What are your plans for after high school?

“After high school, I intend to attend college at either Tri-C, CSU, or Baldwin Wallace to study political science and public administration.”

Q: What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

“In my free time I like to draw, play on my phone, and keep up with the news.”