Biden’s Cabinet Team

Bidens Cabinet Team

The Biden Transitioning Team is working hard on creating a cabinet to satisfy the needs of the people, the Senate, and the Nation. Months of critical and careful examination have gone into the process of choosing the leading candidates that will take a seat in the presidential cabinet.

Sophomore Jonas Evans says ” I think a lot of the people he has picked have past military involvement which will perpetuate the American war machine.”

President-elect, Joe Biden, is faced with a task that is nearly impossible to pull off. He must choose a cabinet team that will win the approval of what is expected to be a very Republican-controlled Senate while simultaneously appeasing the democrats who expect to see a widely diverse Cabinet.

The only two remaining departments Biden must fill are the head of treasury and the Defense Department. He has the chance to make history by appointing a person of color or a woman as the head of either department.

Former federal reserve chair, Janet Yellen, has been chosen as the treasury secretary, and if confirmed by the Senate she will make history by being the first woman ever to lead the department. Yellen is seen as a somewhat safe decision for this position as she is capable of having a bipartisan view.