James Harden Trade

The unsatisfied superstar James Harden showed his feelings after losing a game against the Los Angeles Lakers in a postgame interview. He said “we are just not good enough.” This is when Houston knew that they needed to trade Harden before his play on the court starts declining.

Reputable reporter Adrian Wojnarowski took to Twitter on January 13th to announce the blockbuster deal between the Brooklyn Nets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Indiana Pacers, and the Houston Rockets.

In the biggest trade of the year so far, the Houston Rockets will be giving up James Harden, who will be going to the Brooklyn Nets. The Brooklyn Nets will be sending three first-round picks in 2022, 2024, 2026. Also, they will be swapping their first round picks in 2021, 2023, 2025.

The Cleveland Cavaliers gave up Dante Exum and a first-round pick (via Milwaukee) to the Brooklyn Nets. In exchange, the Brooklyn Nets will be giving up Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince.

Also in this deal, the Pacers will be receiving Caris Levert from the Brooklyn Nets to free up the cap space. The Pacers will be giving up Victor Oladipo.

There is a very unusual thing about this, though. When Caris Levert got to the organization’s facility he needed to take a physical, which is normal. But once the results came back, it was very bad news from the doctors. He has a small cancerous mass on his kidney. Levert commented on the situation and stated he “didn’t have any symptoms” and “this trade could’ve possibly saved my life.”