A New Chapter

After a long  four years of President Donald Trump sitting in office, the nation gave President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris a warm welcome this Wednesday, January 20th. Among the patrons of the inauguration were former Presidents Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama, with one former President, not surprisingly, missing.

Among the festivities of the inauguration were the performance of the national anthem by superstar Lady Gaga and a later performance by Tom Hanks celebrating America. Now we are left with a stark question; where will America go next?

After a tumultuous four years of President Trump, America is left scarred by his actions with a larger gap between the Democrats and Republicans than ever before. Many are hoping that President Joe Biden will work hard during his time in office to repair the untold damage. President Biden hopes to accomplish many things in his first 100 days, including pushing 100 million vaccines out to Americans, passing another economic relief plan, new mask mandates, and other day one executive orders such as stopping work on the Keystone Pipeline. His overall aim is to undo the damage done by President Trump and help the American people recover from the pandemic damage.

It should be noted, however, that President Biden is going to have an uphill battle. As Republicans fought to block the Obama administration, they will likely fight to block some key pieces of legislation that President Biden will need to pass in order to execute his 100 day plan. In the coming days, we will see how President Biden will take the reins and how he will do compared to his predecessor.