Annie Bartos

Annie Bartos

Junior Annie Bartos is an amazing student here at Lakewood High School.  Annie participates in both Girl’s Tennis and Lakewood Project.  On top of that, Annie makes time for her school work, achieving great grades.

Q: How has your experience with Lakewood Project been?

A: “My experience with the Lakewood Project has been overall good.  Other than a few problems we have gone through, including a big snowstorm that postponed our January concert, my freshman year, and COVID.”

Q: Did you enjoy playing for the tennis team for the first time this year?

A: “I did enjoy it. It was fun to constantly be outside and part of a team.”

Q: Is it hard to find time for activities outside of school when both tennis and Lakewood Project are in season?

A: “It is pretty hard to find time for activities outside of school when both are in season because with all of the practices and rehearsals overlapping.”

Q: Do you think that going back to school full-time is a good idea?

A: “I do not think going back to school full time is a good idea.  I get the want for a set schedule and more learning time, but with finally getting used to the hybrid schedule, having to adjust to the new schedule is going to be challenging.  I am already exhausted from one day of school and having to drastically switch from 2-3 days a week to 5 is going to hurt me more than do good.  Also the number of students that are going to be in the building, narrow hallways, and small classrooms, I feel is going to be a very unsafe environment.  I also get that we have the option to switch to all online, but I was having a lot of trouble focusing online, so I feel like I am going to have to decide between my safety and education.”

Q: What are your plans for after high school?

A: “I am not 100% sure what my plans are for after high school. I know I want to go to college and probably choose a broad major with a music minor to hopefully work in the music field.  I also want to move out of the state and live somewhere like New York for a while and travel as well.”

Q: What are some things you enjoy doing in your free time?

A: “In my free time, I enjoy hanging out with friends and singing.  Other than tennis and Lakewood Project, I am in Singing Angels, which also takes up a lot of my time.  I also enjoy arranging music, whether it is for the Lakewood Project or just for fun.  Music is basically in all aspects of my life so whenever it is involved I am having fun.”