Netflix Top 5 Picks to Keep You Busy!

Netflix Top 5 Picks to Keep You Busy!

Warning! This may contain spoilers 

Here are my top 5 Netflix picks for you to watch while you’re still quarantined at home.

1. The Queen’s Gambit

Though it’s not based on a true story, this tale of a chess prodigy will have you on the edge of your seat. Starring Anya Taylor-Joy, recognizable from her role in Emma, as a Kentucky girl with a rare talent, the seven-episode series follows her journey through the world of competitive chess as she faces heartbreak, loss, and her own struggle with addiction. 

2. One Day at a Time 

A remake of Norman Lear’s classic 1975 sitcom revolves around a Cuban-American family headed by a recently separated military mom who’s navigating a newly single life while raising two children with the ‘help’ of her own mother and a building manager named Schneider.

3. When They See Us 

This is one of my personal favorites. It is a depiction of the 1989 case involving “The Central Park Five,” in which five black and Latino teens were convicted of raping a Central Park jogger.

4. Ginny and Georgia 

Awkward fifteen-year-old Ginny Miller often feels more mature than her thirty-year-old mother, the irresistible Georgia Miller. After years on the run, Georgia desperately wants to put down roots in picturesque New England and give her family something they’ve never had… a normal life. But it’s not all carpool and Kombucha as Georgia’s past threatens her and her family’s new way of life… and Georgia will do anything to protect her family.

5. Raising Dion

Raising Dion follows the story of a woman named Nicole who raises her son Dion after the death of her husband. The normal dramas of raising a son as a single mom are amplified when Dion starts to manifest several mysterious, superhero-like abilities. Nicole must now keep her son’s gifts secret with the help of Mark’s best friend Pat and protect Dion from antagonists out to exploit him while figuring out the origin of his abilities.