Spring Training 2021

With spring training coming around the corner in March, you will see new and familiar faces. This is especially true this offseason, because the Indians have a completely new and reformed roster since last year’s spring training.

Many key veterans left in the process, most notably superstar shortstop Fransisco Lindor. A fan favorite through the city of Cleveland who brought Cleveland their first World Series appearance since 1997, where they infamously choked. In addition to Lindor, Cleveland long-time Indian Carlos Santana, first baseman for the Indians, signed a deal with division rival the Kansas Royals. Also, star closer Brad Hand left the Indians to join the Nationals on a one-year deal.

This year’s spring training has new faces coming to the Tribe, like veteran outfielder Eddie Rosario, Ben Gamel, and some new younger prospects like Andres Gimenez and upcoming star Nolan Jones.

Established superstars like the heart and soul of the Indians offense, Jose Ramirez, will be returning to the Indians lineup for the 2021 season. The Indians starting rotation is a fierce rotation led by Cy Young award winner Shane Bieber, and two very up-and-coming stars in Triston McKenzie and Zac Plesac, with all of them having an earned run average of less than 3.25.

With being in the middle of a pandemic, there are some precautions in spring training with some games being shortened to nine innings. Also, half innings can be called before three as long as the pitcher does not have 20 pitches.