Indians Sweep the Royals

Charlie Riedel

It was a great week for baseball fans in Cleveland as the Indians are red hot! The Tribe are currently riding a five-game win streak and are on top of the A.L Central division.

After coming off two straight series wins versus the Twins and the White Sox respectfully, the Indians went into Kansas City and won all four games. All four games were close but the Indians proved they were a better team this week.

Winning on Monday, 8-6 in a back and forth game, got the series going. Tuesday, the Tribe won in a game where they dominated in the 8th inning. On Wednesday, the Indians faced some adversity, and were down 4-0 in the 6th inning. After some crazy ejections, the Indians capitalized with a big double from Eddie Rosario. They then took the lead after home runs from Jose Ramirez and Josh Naylor, to win the game 5-4. On the series finale in a day game on Thursday, it was a great all-around team win to take down the Royals 4-0.

With pitchers like Shane Bieber and James Kairincheck, the Tribe have a young ace and closer. The bats are being carried by Franmil Reyes And Jose Ramirez. Without these four players, the team would look like one of the worst in baseball. The Indians will need more players to contribute to take some pressure off the star players.

The Indians are now on top of the division, giving fans something to be excited about. With a roster that did not look promising at the beginning of the year, Cleveland is surprising teams around the league. Hopefully the Indians can keep up the stellar play throughout the summer so that fans have something to watch every night.