What A Game!

AP

The Indians have been playing great recently and that did not change Thursday night. Cleveland took care of the Seattle Mariners, winning by a score of 4-2. In a game which they were supposed to win, they did just that in an exciting way.

Indians starting pitcher Zach Plesac had one of the best pitching performances of his young career. The flamethrower threw eight innings of work and only allowed two hits. These hits came back to back in the eighth inning after not allowing a hit all game until then. Yes, you read that right, seven innings of no hit baseball! This was nice to see for Cleveland fans after watching their team get No-Hit twice in the same month.

The bats got going early for Cleveland as Jose Ramirez hit a home run to right field. Franmil Reyes also added a deep home run to center field. That is all the Indians really needed, although it was still a great game until the end. Closer, Emmanual Clase, came into the game in the ninth inning and after getting the first two outs, he completely fell apart. Clase walked three straight hitters to load the bases up in a 4-2 game. Indians manager Terry Francona saw enough at that point and went to get Bryan Shaw out of the bullpen. Shaw came in and struck out the final batter which let all Indians fans exhale after a wild game.

The Tribe now riding a four-game winning streak, will have three more games out in Seattle as they look to sweep the Mariners.