Lakewood Varsity Football

The Lakewood Varsity Football team has not been the best in these past few years. This year is different and the energy from the players themselves is like nothing we have seen before. Lakewood is currently 2-0 off of back-to-back games, which has not happened since 2014 according to Othman Awad, the starting left guard for the varsity team.

Othman also said, “We have been working day in and day out, and me particularly have been waiting for this year since freshman year. Hopefully by the end of the we will have a positive record, and that will give a bunch of opportunities for some of the players.”

Many people are interested to see how the rest of this season pans out for the team; there’s a lot of hype this year for the football team to perform well considering how bad it used to be and many of our star players have a shot at going to some very respectable colleges for football.

The amount of off-season preparation and work that Coach Thome and his coaches have put into this season is reflecting back in how the team is preforming this year: you can tell they want this. Although they aren’t very far into the season, they have a good feeling they will pull off something special this year.