The Battle of the Riverwood Cup

Men+Of+The+Game+%0ADipesh+Magar+%0AAlex+Baguma+
    Lakewood Boys Soccer Twitter
    Men Of The Game Dipesh Magar Alex Baguma

Rocky River and Lakewood have a huge battle every year that they call “The Battle Of The Riverwood Cup.” Last year, the varsity team lost the cup with a tough loss of 0-4. This year, the team was more than ready to fight against the Pirates. 

The big competition took place on Wednesday, Sept 8, and the Lakewood section cheered on the team by wearing all purple. Supporting a big competition is so important to Lakewood, and it’s good to see people coming together and cheering. Lakewood fans were on their feet the whole time as the game flew by with quick movement on the field. 

The game was so competitive that no one was able to score in the first quarter. Alex Baguma is the varsity goalie and had two awesome saves to keep River at zero the whole game. With 16 minutes left, Dipesh Magar was able to score to make the game 1-0. The clock kept running and the Rangers’ defense stayed strong as they ended up pulling through with the win. 

The boys varsity team is doing amazing in their season so far. Their record is 3-2 and they are ready to keep fighting the rest of the season. 

Be ready to support them on Saturday, Sept 11. They play Berea Midpark at 7 pm and the Titans are ready for a battle with their record 1-1-1. Hopefully, the Rangers can pull off another win this week to make their record 4-2.