Friday Night Lights

The Lakewood Rangers Varsity Football Team has started the season off strong with three consecutive wins.  The student section was filled with everybody dressed head-to-toe in U.S.A. outfits. From the middle schoolers to seniors, everybody was there to support the team and give them momentum for another win. So far the Rangers have won every single Friday night game and they hope to continue that winning streak. 

On Friday, Sept. 3, the Lakewood Rangers faced off against the Fairview Warriors. Both on and off the ball, every single player came ready to knock Fairview off of their feet. With a final score of 55-3 the Rangers stopped the Warriors on offense and defense. Defensively, the Rangers didn’t let the Warriors score a single touchdown. That lockdown defense kept the Warriors to only score a single field goal. Quarterback Lucas Winters and the offensive line made it look easy to score. At halftime, the Rangers already had a huge lead on the Warriors with a score of 35-3. The Rangers went on to score 20 more points while not letting the Warriors score anything. 

Every single player put their heart into the game, allowing them to gain such a big win. However, it is no secret that one special Lakewood player stood out. Senior captain, Hakeem Quran, was breaking records on the field. Hakeem broke two school records in one game. He had seven touchdowns and 322 rushing yards. This game has been noticed outside of Lakewood. The Lakewood Rangers have been nominated for contests. They were entered into a Cleveland Browns contest for “High School Game of the Week.” Their hard work is starting to be recognized. This Friday, the Rangers will take on the Rocky River Pirates in hopes of getting another win.