H2O: Help 2 Others

@h2olakewood on Instagram

Are you looking for a way to reach out to your community by doing acts of service for those in Lakewood and neighboring cities? If the answer is yes, you need to hear about H2O. H2O stands for “Help 2 Others” and is located in Lakewood to help our community. The main goal of H2O is to use the resources we have to make Lakewood a better place for everyone.

If interested, anyone can stop by the H2O office in the LHS cafeteria to sign up for upcoming service projects. Most projects take place after school or on a weekend morning. Some projects even take the volunteers in the H2O van in case transportation is an issue.

Anyone is welcome to participate and there are even fun activities such as the Pumpkin Palooza upcoming in October where you can sign up to paint faces, run games, and more. H2O is a great way to do service while also having fun and making memories.

Each hour spent with H2O is counted and documented by Mrs. Hutchison and Mrs. Chodzin who are the leaders of the organization. These service hours can be used on resumes and applications which can be a tremendous help to your future!

Always remember that there are service projects for everyone and your own passions and hobbies can be channeled into something bigger that can help everyone. From organizing school supplies to making art to make our community a beautiful place, there is something for everyone.

For more information, you can email Mrs. Chodzin at [email protected] or Mrs. Hutchison at [email protected] to find out which service project suits you. Have fun and help our community! Take a look at their Instagram @h2olakewood as well!