Lakewood vs Buckeye Boys’ Soccer

Molly Pilgrim

Wednesday, September 15, the Boys’ Varsity had a huge game against Buckeye. The game against the Bucks happened at 7 p.m. at the Rangers’ home field Garfield Middle School. It was a beautiful night for soccer, with temperatures in the high 60s. This soccer game had lots of fun opportunities for the students in the stands. When students entered the gates they were given a free raffle ticket to put their name and the player they were supporting on it. During halftime, the raffle winner was picked and the player’s name that was on the winning ticket was allowed to pie their coach. After the raffle happened, the little Rangers were announced for a youth night; running out to their name with a smile on their face got everyone ready for the second half of the game.

The score was 0-0 at half time and Lakewood was able to keep them from not scoring the whole match. Alex Baguma had two really good saves that set the game tempo. The game got more and more interesting when the Lakewood marching band drumline made a visit and helped the student section cheer on their Ranger brothers. With everyone cheering on their feet, the Rangers and the Bucks both fought really hard, ending the game in a tie. With this tie, the Rangers record is now standing at 3-3-1. With the next game against Strongsville, the Rangers are working hard to get their record at 4-3-1. Come to Garfield Middle School on Saturday, Sept 18 at 3 p.m to show your support to the boy’s varsity team!