Mug Food

Food you can make in a mug
Mug+Food

Everyone knows that you can make a cake in a mug but have you ever considered making pizza in a mug?  A mug is not just for drinks; you can make so much more.

There are so many different foods you can make in a mug. A super popular mug recipe is mac and cheese. To make the mac and cheese take ½ cup uncooked noodles of your choice and 1/2 cup of water. Put those two ingredients into a microwave-safe mug and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes. After it’s microwaved stir in 2 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Stir and then pop it in the microwave for 30 more seconds, take it out, put a pinch of salt, then enjoy!

Who would have thought you could make pizza in a mug.? Take 4 tablespoons of flour, 1/8 teaspoon baking powder, 1/16 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Then add 3 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix it all up and there’s your dough! On top of the dough, add 1 tablespoon marinara sauce and one generous tablespoon of mozzarella shredded cheese. Once all your ingredients are in your mug, microwave for 1:10 to 1:20 on high. Take it out and if your pizza has risen and the toppings have melted, it’s ready to be eaten.

Doesn’t reading about all that salty food make you want something sweet? I think that everyone has heard of a normal microwave mud cake in a mug, but what if we put a spin on it and made it s’mores mud cake? Take 2 tablespoons butter, 4 ounces of chocolate, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 cup flour, and add as many marshmallows as you want. Then put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes and enjoy!

You can make just about anything in a mug!