What would the world look like without bees?

Bees play a big role in our life; we would die without them. They help and affect the food cycle and help the plants grow. Without bees, they would set fewer seeds and would have lower reproductive success. This would alter ecosystems. Beyond plants, many animals, such as the beautiful bee-eater birds, would lose their prey in the event of a die-off, and this would also impact natural systems and food webs.

If bees disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live. This line is usually attributed to Einstein, and it seems plausible enough. After all, Einstein knew a lot about science and nature, and bees help us produce food. They are critical pollinators. They pollinate 70 of the around 100 crop species that feed 90% of the world. Honey bees are responsible for $30 billion a year in crops. The plants need to be pollinated in order for them to grow and the plants are needed for animals to survive.

Without bees we wouldn’t last very long because the plants would start dying. Which means a world without bees could struggle to sustain the global human population of 7 billion. Our supermarkets would have half the amount of fruit and vegetables. Half of the people in the world can die of hunger in just under a year. The best way to make changes is for more people to know about this problem. More bees are dying each year and it will eventually start to affect us. We should make changes before it’s too late.