Volleyball Senior Night

Volleyball Senior Night
    Michael Filice

On Tuesday, Oct. 12, the Lakewood Rangers Volleyball team had their senior night. The gym was decorated corner to corner with purple and gold decorations.  The Rangers had signs everywhere to show their spirit and love for their seniors! In honor of senior night the seniors played all three sets, and the underclassmen were on the bench cheering them on. The Rangers ended up defeating Parma in three sets. 

The Ranger seniors for the night included Molly Pilgrim, Amy Pilgrim, Josie Filice, Sofie Dent, Lexa Bunevich, and Alex Russell. Molly and Amy Pilgrim are power twins.  Molly Pilgrim leads the team in kills and Amy Pilgrim leads the team in blocks. Together, they dominate on both offense and defense. Lexa Bunevich and Alex Russell are both powerful back row players. They are essential and have great digs for the team. They are a huge asset to the game. Sofie Dent and Josie Filice did not play junior year, but they came back for a great senior season. This duo came back better than ever and are strong hitters. All of these seniors played the whole time and it was a very memorable win for them. 

This has been one of the best seasons for Lakewood volleyball in years. They continue to fight and beat their competition as the season is coming to an end. The Lady Rangers start their playoffs next week and they are looking to go far in the tournament. Make sure to come out and support their final games and wish them the best of luck in the playoffs!