The Cleveland Museum of Arts

The Cleveland Museum of Arts

The Cleveland Museum of Art was founded in 1913 for the benefit of all the people. The museum opened on June 6, 1916, after many years of planning. Its creation was made possible by Cleveland industrialists Hinman B. Hurlbut, John Huntington, and Horace Kelley.

The Cleveland Museum of Arts is located in Cleveland, Ohio. Since it opened its doors in 1916, the Cleveland Museum of Art has sought to bring the pleasure and meaning of art to the broadest possible audience.

Art represents the heritage, texture, creative problem solving, and expression of human experience. The museum collects, presents, researches, and supports the arts in order to create conversations across place and time and opens up new ways for all people to see and understand each other.

The museum contains many unique pieces: almost five hundred pieces from 1800 to 1960.

What to do in the museum is a frequently asked question:

• As part of its annual Performing Arts Series, the museum plays host to an eclectic mix of concerts that includes world music, percussion ensembles and live chamber music in the galleries.
    • Throughout the year, the museum maintains an active schedule of special events including adults-only mixers the first Friday of each month, as well as its annual Parade the Circle, which engulfs all of University Circle in an arts parade and festival.

Really, the stuff in the museum is impressive and deserves to be seen by people who appreciate this work.