The Start Of The Cleveland Browns Season

The Cleveland Browns did not get the start that they wanted this season. As of today, the 21st of October, they are 3-3. They are playing against the Broncos on the 22nd, but half of their starters are out or questionable, both defensively and offensively. The quarterback Baker Mayfield, Running-backs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, cornerback A.J Green, and linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, are all ruled out for the game. Wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., and potentially Jarvis Landry, tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. and Jack Conklin, defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, defensive tackle Malik Jackson, linebacker Malcolm Smith and Mack Wilson, center JC Tretter, are ruled questionable.

With all of these early-on injuries, the Browns are having to play with many backup players that don’t normally see much field time. The Browns were predicted to be an unstoppable team with decent Super Bowl chances, but with the way their record is looking, it doesn’t look too promising to even be a playoff contender. Statistically, they do have the best players in the NFL, meaning they should be one of the top teams but according to NFL Power Rankings the Browns aren’t even in the top 10.

Head coach Kevin Stefanski had this to say after the week 6 loss against the Arizona Cardinals (6-0): ‘We are a 3-3 football team, and we played like it. We were just very, very average, and that is my responsibility to get it fixed. That is what we have to do because we have to turn right around and come back in here Thursday night and find a way. Really disappointed. Again, we just have to find a way to clean this stuff up.” With this being said, the players, coaches, and fans are looking to see some major improvements.