Westshore Classes In Lakewood High School

Lakewood City Schools

Lakewood is one of the only high schools to give such great opportunities to their students, such as the Westshore programs, which allow the students to potentially find a program that will benefit their career in the future. 

One of the most popular Westshore programs is The Early Childhood Education program. This program is perfect for students who are thinking about becoming a teacher or working with young children. In this program, students will be able to go out to sites, which will be either in elementary classrooms or preschool programs. It allows the students to be able to see what it’s like to become a teacher. 

Another really popular Westshore program is the Health Careers. In this program, students get to witness what it’s like to assist patients. This program also is very cool because it allows students to get their STNA licenses. This allows students to get experience and has a higher chance of getting into a nursing program. 

Lakewood also has some cool programs including business management, where you learn the basics of a business and how to run it. There also is a Culinary Westshore program where you learn how to cook, prep, and serve meals. This is a great experience if you were thinking about becoming a chef. 

Westshore programs are such a cool opportunity for all the students in Lakewood High School. If you go to the Lakewood City Schools website you can see all of the other programs available to the students, which can prepare you for post-graduation life!