Islamic Art

Islamic Art

Islamic art is not art of a specific religion, time, place, or of a single medium. Instead it spans some years, covers many lands and populations, and includes a range of artistic fields including architecture, calligraphy, painting, glass, ceramics , and textiles, among others, it is not restricted to religious art, but instead includes all of the art of the rich and varied cultures of Islamic societies. It frequently includes secular elements and elements that are forbidden by some Islamic theologians. Islamic religious art differs greatly from Christian religious art traditions.

Islamic art encompasses the visual arts produced from the seventh century by people who lived within the territory that was inhabited by or ruled by culturally Islamic populations.

Islamic art developed from many sources: Roman, early Christian art, and Byzantine styles ; Sassanian art of pre-Islamic Persia; Central Asian styles brought by various nomadic incursions, and Chinese influences appear on Islamic painting, pottery , and textilesBecause figural representations are generally considered to be forbidden in Islam, the word takes on religious meaning in art as seen in the tradition of calligraphic inscriptions. Calligraphy and the decoration of manuscript Qu’rans is an important aspect of Islamic art as the word takes on religious and artistic significance.For Muslims, God is the center (Allah). … Therefore Islamic art developed a unique character of geometric, arabesque, floral, and calligraphic patterns  which reflect on their aspects of balance.

Islamic art is often vibrant and distinctive.

Unlike Christian art, Islamic art isn’t restricted to religious work, but includes all the artistic traditions in Muslim culture. Its strong aesthetic appeal transcends time and space, as well as differences in language and culture.

This is because of common features in all Islamic art which give it a remarkable coherence, regardless of the country or the time in which it was created.

Islamic art is just a different and pretty kind of arts in the world, it is very unique and attractive.