Lakewood’s Musical Is Back On!

Lakewoods Musical Is Back On!
ghostlightrecords.com

Lakewood is getting back into the swing of things and with that, the annual musical will take place again. The musical for this year will be “Songs For A New World.” This musical was written and composed by Jason Robert Brown. This musical is about hitting the wall and having to make a choice and take a stand, or turn around and go back. The auditions for this musical will be taking place on Dec. 14 after school at 3:15 p.m. 

Lakewood’s last in-person musical was “Mama Mia,” and that was two years ago. Lakewood students and residents are more than excited to see the theater arts program back on stage. 

A senior in Barnstormers is very excited for this musical to start, and she had a lot to say about the challenging times last year. This anonymous senior stated, “With last year’s musical being recorded through zoom, I am more than happy to get back on the stage for my final performance.” During the hard times of Covid-19, Barnstormers still made it possible for the performers to sing, and although it wasn’t on the main stage it was still a bonding experience within the theater department. 

If you are interested in auditioning, now’s your chance to get your foot in the door of musical theater. Everyone be ready for the awesome performance of “Songs For A New World,” which will take place on March 10 at 7 p.m.