Two Shootings In Two Days

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/12/02/2-shootings-2-days-across-cleveland-school-one-fatal-other-school-prepared-let-out/

There have been two shootings in two days, one of them deadly and both directly across from a school in Cleveland. One Cleveland councilman says he believes that gun violence has become a lot more common because of a shortage of Cleveland Police.

On Monday, Nov. 29, police and EMS were called to 969 E. 152nd Street for a man with a gunshot wound to the head and not breathing. The location is outside of a gas station and just across the street from the high school. The 27-year-old shooting victim died at the hospital. Detectives have determined the victim and the shooter knew each other. An arrest warrant could be issued in the coming days.

Then on Tuesday, Nov. 30, first responders were called back to an address directly across from Collinwood High School, where a 17-year-old was the victim of a shooting. The 17-year-old is at the hospital right now and his condition is unknown at this point. It’s unclear if the teen was a student at Collinwood. 

Police were called at 2:27 pm, and according to the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, the school was just about to end at 2:30, just three minutes before the shooting.

The school was put on lockdown after both incidents. The community is concerned because more than 160 officers have left the department this year. That’s like a whole police district that has vanished in less than a year. The criminal element knows that the rank of the Cleveland Police Department is way down. The criminals are taking advantage of this situation and there have been more crimes in Cleveland lately.

The Cleveland Police say no arrests have been made in the shootings at this time. They couldn’t find the shooter because he left before the cops arrived. They are still looking for him today. More investigation is being done right now.