Light Up Lakewood 2021

Light Up Lakewood 2021
thisiscleveland.com

One of Lakewood’s most well-known traditions, Light Up Lakewood, recently took place on Dec. 4 from 4 pm-8 pm. The traditional event welcomes winter by having a parade, food trucks, ice sculptures and more, all on Lakewood’s main street: Detroit. Light Up Lakewood has grown to be one of the most anticipated events of the year for people of any age to look forward to. There are plenty of activities for both kids and adults and the event always seems to be a big hit for everyone.

For adults, there is a huge parade to start the evening that is very entertaining for all ages and is great for families to get together to watch. There are also shops open along Detroit that can be nice breaks from the cold. Bars are also open and this year, there was even a bar garden for adults. Throughout the whole event, there is always live music coming from somewhere along the street that you can stop at any time to catch a break.

For kids, there is a Santa meet and greet and Buddy the Elf, the Grinch and Cindy Lou Who also make an appearance and they can all be seen in the parade. There is also free hot chocolate, food trucks for the whole family, and carts for rent so you could even get cycled around if you desire!

Although this is all amazing, what makes Light Up Lakewood itself is the night-ending fireworks show. Much like the 4th of July, Lakewood bands together for a round of fireworks that finishes off the night with a bang. Light Up Lakewood 2021 was a success, and it’ll keep growing each year as one of Lakewood’s favorite traditions!