Not-So-Strange Occurrences of the New Mask Mandate

BBC

It has been quite a few weeks since the mask mandate was lifted and things have gotten fairly different. As great as it is for things to be going somewhat back to normal, there are still a few bugs with all the new things, especially because we’ve been getting out of flu season and it’s deciding to leave with a bang. While everyone knew that there would be consequences for getting rid of the masks, it will only be helpful in the long run. There is nothing people want more than normality but that isn’t always an easy thing to attain.

If you ask around, you’ll find plenty of people who know someone who’s been out sick recently and that’s probably due to the crappy weather but mostly the fact that no one is wearing a mask anymore. People’s immune systems are less exposed and are more prone to dangerous viruses. We are forgetting about the repercussions of  other sicknesses. The flu has been very rough this season and people are suffering symptoms such as nausea, congestion, etc. If you are even remotely worried about this, remember the basic Covid protocol. Wash your hands and wipe down your stuff!

With all that said, you’re not being asked to keep wearing your mask. It’s a completely personal opinion and you are supported either way. But, make sure to stay clean and safe. If you feel sick, do not come to school or hang out with friends; it’s not just about Covid right now. But, that is no excuse to ignore the fact that Covid still exists and is still hurting people all around the world. We have just taken a very necessary step forward to normality, as absolutely impossible that seems to achieve.

Take care of yourself!