Lakewood Softball Is Here!

Grace Hoppel Photography

Spring has sprung and spring sports are springing into action. The Lakewood Softball team started their season with a game against North Royalton on March 30th. Softball plays many games over the span of three months, averaging about four games a week. This spring season is usually accompanied by many rain outs and weather delays.

This is the first year that the team will have locker rooms. After years of changing in the school restrooms, the softball team will have their own locker room and restrooms in the Northwest corner of the North Lot. Restrooms will be accessible to fans as well as the players. The concession stand will also be moved near the locker rooms. The North Lot multi-purpose field was recently built in 2018 so new additions are still coming. The field has yet to put in lights so games later than 7 p.m. cannot be played.

The Lakewood Softball program is now using the word “Mudita” to represent what the program stands for. Mudita revolves around sympathetic joy or being happy for others’ happiness. This word has found its own meaning for every individual softball player. Senior Inga Wilhelmy says that to her Mudita means “Live Love Mudita.” Another Senior, Addy Miller, says that to her Mudita means to “help each other become better players and to help build confidence when on the field and just supporting each other.”

If you’re a fan of baseball or softball, come support the Lakewood Softball team this season. To get more information about games and more, visit the Twitter or Facebook account: lkwdsoftball or follow the student-run Instagram page: lkwd.softball.2022