Foster Pool Renovations

Sixmo Inc.

Anyone knows that living in Lakewood for a while means seeing its best sights and visiting its best spots. One of the most popular spots in Lakewood is Lakewood Park, located right next to Lake Erie. Arguably the biggest attraction is Foster Pool, a classic hangout spot for families and friends during the summer. Recently, Lakewood officials have been letting plans slip for pool renovations to be started the day after the pool closes after the 2022 season.

The renovations are projected to cost around $4.5 million and be done by opening day in 2023. Foster pool is the oldest of the pools in Lakewood and there are fewer things to do as of now because of Becks’ swirling water slide. Many people in Lakewood feel it’s time for an update for the classic pool, which will draw even more attention to Lakewood Park.

The additions being planned include zero-depth entry, water slide and spray features, 25- and 50-meter lap lanes, a diving board, a splash pad, shade structures on the pool deck, family changing rooms and a renovated pool house. The amount of space Foster Pool currently takes up is a lot more than one might think. There is concrete space all around the pool that could be utilized for something else since the chairs are usually empty anyway. Hopefully, the renovations really make the most out of the space they’re working with and make Foster the place to be in 2023!