Summer Fruit

Summer+Fruit
YouTube

Summer is finally beginning! Our adventures of warm weather, sunshine, beach days, and campfires are finally becoming a plausible reality. The craving for comfort foods is passing, and the craving for fruit is becoming more and more prominent! Fruit of any kind is absolutely delicious, but fresh fruit by far tastes the best.

Strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, cherries, peaches, blackberries, and raspberries, are all examples of summer fruits. Blueberry and strawberry picking is a popular pastime over the summer, and a perfect way to appreciate fresh fruit during the only time of the year you really can.

At Heavenly Hill farm in North Royalton, they offer apple and pumpkin picking (this would be more of a fall activity), Patterson’s Apple Farm in Chesterland offers apple and strawberry picking, and Baumhaurt Road Berry Farm in Vermillion offers blueberry and strawberry picking. The West Side Market offers selections of fresh fruit, some fruit sold there can’t be found in your local supermarket. Fitch’s farm market in Avon offers vegetables and fruit for every season.

Although it takes some maintenance, you could also grow your own fresh fruit. Blueberry bushes, raspberry bushes, grapevines, and plum trees are all able to be grown in our Cleveland climate.