College Decision Day

College Decision Day
myoptions.org

May 1st is National College Decision Day. This day is the deadline to submit your acceptance and make a deposit to attend the four year college or university of your choice. Students who have not finalized their future plans yet have great pressure on them for May 1st.

Some schools require students to submit housing applications and complete other tasks before May 1st as well. These tasks can include placement tests or surveys. If you are waiting until the last minute, it is strongly advised to make the decision at least a day or two before the deadline. This way, if you missed certain steps to completing your acceptance, you will still be able to do so.

You still have time this week to gather information needed to make your decision. Reach out to admission counselors and review your financial aid. Your admission counselors can answer any questions you have regarding your acceptance. The website of the college or university you were admitted to should tell you what your next steps are to confirm your enrollment.

Confirming your enrollment typically involves a small deposit to confirm your spot in the college you plan on attending. This deposit confirms your decision and is due on the deadline of May 1st. After committing, your next steps are to enjoy the rest of highschool! Seniors’ last day at LHS is May 20th.