Student-Organized Astrology Club

Student-Organized Astrology Club
Discover Magazine

At the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year, a senior at Lakewood High School, Alexis Lindsay, decided she wanted to start the defunct Astrology Club back up. She mentioned this to her homeroom teacher, Mrs. Sheils, and they decided to work together to make it happen. 

The first meeting will be Wednesday, Sept. 21 in room C218. While Mrs. Sheils is the advisor for the Astrology Club, Alexis will be almost entirely in charge of making the plans and any advertisements. This club is almost entirely student-run.

The Astrology Club will start their first meeting with a brief overview of just what exactly is the study of astrology. Then they plan to slowly ease into things with each meeting being centered around a specific personal planet and then an activity to go along with it. One of the “lessons” will go over compatibility. They also want to focus on helping members find their own charts and understand them. The basic outline will be something like this:

• Planets: the “what” or a basic energy.
  • Signs: “how” or in what manner a planet operates.
  • Houses: “where” or in what domain of life a planet operates.
  • Aspects: how planets operate as pairs or teams.

The main goal of this group is to help the members understand themselves better using their charts and alignment. This can aid the members in understanding why they have certain likes and dislikes, why certain things really bother them, why they might not get along well with certain people, etc.