Volleyball 2022 Player Profile

Volleyball 2022 Player Profile

Bella is a senior at Lakewood High School this year after transferring from St. Joseph’s Academy and is one of the starters on the Varsity volleyball team. She has quickly adapted to the change and has become a part of the family very smoothly. Her greatest passion is volleyball and her love for the sport continues to grow every single day. 

The Lakewood Times first asks her to share a little bit about herself. She said, “Hi, I am a transfer from St. Joseph Academy. I transferred at the end of the school year last year so this is going to be my first full year here. I have played volleyball for as long as I can remember, and since high school, I have been on the varsity level teams for three years. I have basically played almost every position you could in volleyball.”

When asked how it feels to be a senior, Bella responded, “Honestly, being a senior is an amazing feeling. In a way, I feel on top of the world. There are so many emotions being a senior at a new school, but everyone has done an amazing job making me feel welcome and accepted here.”

Like everyone else, we were curious how the season was going so far. Her response was, “So far, I have no complaints. The season is going very well. We have a lot of potential on our team, and a lot of talent that we are so excited to continue growing onto this season. We hope to work hard every single day in order to put our best foot forward for all of you.”

When asked her favorite volleyball position, she stated, “My favorite position in volleyball has to be an outside hitter because it gets a better view of the court. For those who want some clarification about this position; they are located in the front left of the court and their job is to get the third touch on the ball and try to put it down on the other side. That is what I am currently playing for the team.”

To reminisce, The Lakewood Times asked what her fondest memory of the season so far would be, and she confidently said, “My favorite memory from this season has got to be the team win against Beaumont High School. That was one of the best games our team has ever played, and we showed a lot of team chemistry and cohesiveness. Winning is always nice, but it was more about how good we played together.” 

To finish up the interview, we wanted to know what her favorite things are about Lakewood High School. Bella responded, “One of my personal favorite things is that there is no uniform because obviously, I used to have one at St. Joe’s. The teachers so far have been awesome to me, and the diversity is a lot better here than at my old school.” 

The Lakewood Times wishes her and her team luck as they take on their next several games.