PSAT/SAT/ACT Student Information

Google

It’s that time of year where seniors are applying to college and finalizing their applications. On the other hand, a majority of seniors are agonizing over their SAT and ACT scores to get into college. Fortunately, for the class of 2023, lots of colleges including The Ohio State University, University of Cincinnati, Ohio University, and so many others are giving students the opportunity to turn in their application “test optional”. This means if you didn’t approve of your score, it’s not “high enough,” or you chose not to take the test, you are not required to submit them. 

This takes a huge weight off of a student’s chests. According to fellow student, Sam Facaros, she stated, “I didn’t feel 100% with my scores and thankfully I wasn’t required to turn them in.” For students looking to improve their scores, you still have time! The upcoming dates for the SAT are: October 1, November 5, and December 3. The upcoming dates for the ACT are: October 22 and December 10. If you need any further information stop by the guidance office on the first floor to pick up a handout with all the dates and registration deadlines.

Lastly, if you are in 10 grade, the PSAT is coming up! On Wednesday, October 12, the PSAT will be held in various classrooms and in the gym—a week before the test there will be yellow signs posted by each house office and displaying where you will be located to take your test. This is also an option for 11 graders! Taking the PSAT is a great opportunity for you to practice one more time before the real SAT. You can sign up through a form in your email or contact your house office. Happy test taking!