Normandy VS. Lakewood Volleyball

Normandy VS. Lakewood Volleyball
Leila Discenza

Attention all Ranger Sports Fans!

The Lakewood High School varsity volleyball team brought home another dub against Normandy High School on Sept. 22. The team played away on that Thursday night and still had a good student section turnout, so the team wanted to just share a special shoutout to those who continue to show up and support!

Your team took on this team with a lot of optimism and energy to add another win to their already 8-6 record overall and 5-6 record in our conference. The team geared up and faced off against these Invaders in a 3-set game. The score of the first set came out to 25-23, the second was 25-18, and they closed it out with a win of 25-23 again. 

There were a few obstacles these girls faced during this game such as a later starting time compared to usual due to the freshmen and junior varsity teams both going longer with their games, and extremely bright lights hanging from the ceiling that interfered with the players’ sight on our side of the court. But regardless, the team came together as one and made sure they got the job done. Another amazing effort and win from this team! The girls hope to finish this season with a winning record and a legacy for future generations to continue keeping the program consistent!

Stats for this game:

27 kills total, 7 aces, 8 blocks, and 63 digs