Holy Name VS. Lakewood Volleyball

Sophia Boyer

With every win, there comes a loss as well. It’s just the way it falls sometimes, and this is exactly what happened to Lakewood High School’s very own varsity volleyball team. This past Tuesday, Sept. 27, your team had a devastating loss to Holy Name High School. Holy Name is a known powerhouse within the volleyball conference but with all the work and time our team has put in this season, they went into this game with a hopeful and positive attitude. 

The game went three sets and resulted in blood sweat and maybe a few tears. Holy Name had very dominant outside hitters who had trouble putting the ball down, but our defense did a great job at getting everything they could. As well as our defense holding strong, our offense also worked tirelessly to find the open spots on the other side of the court. Regardless of the strong and resilient energy, your LHS team came just a little bit too short. 

The first set went 10-25, the second was a little closer with 16-25, and Holy Name closed it out with a win of 13-25. The score does not even come close to representing all the hard work ethic the team put into that game. Sometimes it is not always about the score, but about what you learn from it and how you take the loss and get better from it. We cannot wait to see what this team does from here! Let’s go Lady Rangers! Also, a reminder to come and support your very own seniors for Senior Night next Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 6 p.m. at our LHS gym. 

Game Stats: 14 kills, 1 ace, 2 blocks, 43 digs, 13 assists