Best Pizza Places in Lakewood

Angeloslakewood.com

Pizza is one of the most popular foods around the world with about 350 slices eaten every second in the United States. The month now is October, with Halloween just at the end of the month, which is one of the busiest days for pizza – even busier than Super Bowl Sunday. Even though the modern pizza was created in the region of Campania in the southern part of Italy, there were similar versions of what a modern pizza looks like from the old Egyptians, Greeks and Romans who put different toppings on a flat piece of bread. The pizza became so famous in America because of the Italian immigrants who made up four million out of the 20 million people who arrived in America between 1880 and 1920.

Here are some pizza places around Lakewood you should try out:

Angelo’s Pizza was founded in 1981 by Tom Kess when he bought a rundown pizza place on Madison Avenue. Mr. Kess struggled to keep his bills and business running. He even mentioned that he was eight months behind in his rent, and did not have enough money to pay for the repairs of his equipment, but he always kept working because there was something inside him that made him keep going. Over 40 years later, Angelo’s Pizza, one of the most successful places in Lakewood, was kept running at full capacity even during the Covid Pandemic. Some of the types of pizza you can find at Angelo’s are Meat Lovers, Mediterranean, Philly Cheese Steak, Baked Potato, Margherita, Chicken Alfredo, and Hawaiian.

If you happen to have late night craving, Toni’s Pizza is the place for you as it is open until 4 a.m., seven days a week. Toni’s Pizza is a family-owned and operated restaurant located on Detroit Avenue, two blocks east of Bunts Rd. Toni’s offers New York style Pizza and other foods such as chicken wings, subs, burgers, and fries. Some of the pizza toppings you will find at Toni’s are pepperoni, sausage, veggie, and supreme.

Nunzio’s pizza is a business whose owner took pride in continuing a tradition of following in the footsteps of his grandparents, who first opened a bakery in Sicily in 1949. Located very close to the Beck Center at 17615 Detroit Ave., the family-owned pizza shop is open until 3 a.m. Some of the pizza toppings you will find at Nunzio’s are pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onion, and green peppers.