Pumpkin Spice Takes Over Lakewood: A Review

Everybody knows that if you are looking for a warm cup-o-joe, then Lakewood is the place to go. On just about every block of our major streets, there is a coffee shop that offers a wide array of caffeinated options. But as we dive deeper into the orange and brown leaf piles of fall, the aromas of pumpkin, autumn spice, apple cinnamon, and pecan pie begin to linger around — especially in our morning lattes. 

As covered recently in the “Lakewood Fall Specials” article by Ayla French, the Pumpkin-Spice Latte is available at just about every Lakewood cafe. In this article, we will rank and review the options from the most popular Lakewood spots.  

The best pumpkin spice option around is at Goodkind Coffee. They offer both a Pumpkin Chai and a Fall Spice Latte. Their Pumpkin chai really knocks it out of the park, as they use fresh pumpkin purée to catch that fall flavor we are all looking for. 

If you are craving a classic PSL, then the place to go is Nature’s Oasis. They use pumpkin spice syrup with a shot of espresso in steamed milk and it hits the spot. It tastes pretty good but it’s kind of basic…

What would a PSL ranking list be without the queen of the season, Starbucks? They offer a couple of different kinds of fall beverages but their Pumpkin Spice Latte is such a staple. Starbucks also gets some extra points for convenience, but since it’s a corporate business we cannot morally place it higher on this list. 

Lastly, the least desirable Pumpkin Spice Latte in Lakewood belongs to The Root Cafe. Check out this cafe for the food, not the coffee!