BREAKING NEWS! The Print and Digital Journalism display shattered!

BREAKING NEWS! The Print and Digital Journalism display was broken! The week of September 26-30, classmates Mallory Zavatchen, Sam Hudak, Erin Dippel, Clare Morrissey, and Alejandro Nieves Bucey were working to redecorate the display. 

The goal was to get rid of the old tissue paper, the purple wallpaper, and start with a brand new canvas. They first stapled newspapers as the new background and carefully measured it out to fit the different sections. Next, we stapled white borders around the newspaper. The last step they took was to put the fragile glass shelves on the wall. We had to carefully put them on the silver rod holders and evenly place the awesome awards we have received over the years. After we finished, we took a couple steps back and enjoyed our hard work. 

On Tuesday, October 4, Sam Hudak and Erin Dippel were on their way to B207 for Print and Digital Journalism class. As they passed Mrs. Wojtkun’s office, Sam screamed, “Oh my gosh.” I glanced over at the display and noticed one of our shelves was missing. We looked directly down and saw shattered glass along with awards dropped on the glass. We had no clue what had happened and walked to class flabbergasted. 

This mystery is still unsolved on how the shelf was shattered and what led to it falling. We are waiting for the display to be cleaned up so hopefully they can put back all awards and finish the display. If you would like to see the display shattered and finished, it is directly across from Mrs. Wojtkun’s office on the second floor, B wing.