Lakewood Bowling Season Kicks Off!

Lakewood Bowling Season Kicks Off!
Koda Ford

The LHS bowling team has gotten to work! The first informational meeting was held Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2022, to inform anyone considering joining the team of the season’s schedule, the equipment that would be needed, and deadlines for required paperwork.

If you are interested in joining it’s not too late, though you may catch yourself in a bit of a time crunch! Physicals and payments are due Monday, Oct. 31, 2022. This year, Coach Smith has changed the requirements slightly. In previous years, bowling team members may rent shoes and borrow their bowling balls from the alley; however, this year, all participants are required to have their own ball, bag, and shoes at minimum. This does not include any other optional equipment the individual person may think would be helpful such as braces, cleaning supplies, etc.

The bowling coaches, Coach Smith and Coach Murrey, have set up two open bowling sessions at Mahall’s 20 Lanes on Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022 and Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022. These are optional practice times for students considering joining to get some practice before tryouts without the coaches actually being engaged and no added pressure. Tryouts will be Tuesday, Nov. 8th, 2022, also at Mahall’s. This will be when members are separated into JV and varsity teams. Both teams are scheduled to compete in a league with matches on Saturdays starting Saturday, Nov. 19th, 2022. Good luck LHS bowlers!