Yearbook/Cinema Club

Yearbook%2FCinema+Club
Alejandro Nieves Bucey

The Lakewood yearbook club is one of the many clubs you can join here at Lakewood high school. We should all be familiar with what yearbooks are, and if you somehow don’t know what a yearbook is, then it is a book containing people and events that happened that school year for people like you to look back on. The club was originally a class taught by Mr. Ebner up until Ms. Basinski took his spot when he retired in the 2020-2021 school year. Since then, Ms. Basinski has been in charge of everything Mr. Ebner did, such as teaching English language arts, the Times class, and the yearbook, which became a club advised by her.

The yearbook club currently meets every week on Mondays and Wednesdays with each meeting usually lasting around 45 minutes. Some of the roles you can have if you join are:

Taking photos of things such as sports games, and group photos of clubs and organizations. 

Getting quotes from the seniors and underclassmen to fill in the pages for that class year.

Being the head editor for sections like underclassmen & faculty, student life, sports, clubs & organizations, and career tech. 

The yearbook pages are designed by club members using Yearbook Avenue, which is powered by Jostens. Like stated earlier, club members are to have selected specific pages so if another student wants to change or add something they are expected to ask the adviser of that page to make the modifications they want to do. The yearbook club is always happy for new faces to join.