Pre-game GLC Westlake vs Lakewood

This Friday, October 21, your Lakewood Rangers take on the Westlake Demons in a hard battle for the Great Lakes Conference (GLC) tournament. This game will be fought between two of the toughest and physical teams in the GLC and will possibly be a close game. 

Both teams have agressive and hard working players which will make this game extremely competitive. Sam Brucchieri (Westlake) and Alex Symons (Lakewood) will match up as both quarterbacks will run the field and lead both teams. Coach Tom Thome of the Lakewood Rangers sat down with me and said, “I am excited for this game and we have a lot to look forward to. We need to work hard for a win.” Also, Coach Austin Sparks said, “This will be a tough game playing away at Westlake.” Westlake has the home field advantage but the rangers will persevere. Lastly, Senior Mui Salti explained that, “There is a lot on the line for this game as this may be the last game we will play.” 

Coming into this game, the Lakewood Rangers are 3-6 overall and 1-4 in the Great Lakes Conference. The Westlake Demons are 4-5 overall and 1-4 in the conference. This is the first time the Rangers are playing Westlake in two years so they are playing with some unfamiliar faces which could make the game challenging. 

There is a lot on the line for the Rangers tonight. If they win, they will get a spot in the state playoffs and if they lose, their season comes to an end. Kickoff starts at 7 at Westlake High School. The theme is black out so show out and support your Lakewood Rangers!