Lakewood Sushi Options

Lakewood Sushi Options
Sam Hudak

When you drive through the main run of restaurants on Detroit Avenue, it can be overwhelming to try and pick out the place to eat for dinner, but if you are in the mood for some sushi, we are here to help. In this article, the Lakewood Times will review some of the top Japanese or Asian fusion restaurants to help you know what to order. 

If you are looking for a classic but unique Asian fusion restaurant with a wide variety of sushi options, Voodoo Tuna is the place to go. From steamed buns to ramen noodles to Poke bowls, Voodoo Tuna has all the cravings down. Their sushi menu features your classic Uramaki rolls like the California roll, Spicy Tuna, and even a Tempura Sweet Potato… but also many complex and decedent specialty rolls like our personal favorite: the Crab Rangoon roll. 

If you are looking for a bit more efficacy, two grocery stores that flank the west and east borders of Lakewood are a must. Lucky’s Market has a grab-and-go sushi bar with brown and white options of the classic Uramaki rolls; they also have a build-your-own ramen bar if you’re looking to swing in the warm and cozy direction. Heinen’s Grocery also has quite an array of tasty sushi, spring roll, and dumpling options. 

Lastly, Hako Sushi is an absolute staple if you’re looking for a restaurant with ambiance, decent prices, and a detailed menu. Hako’s Maki rolls are some of the best around but their Nigiri features some of the tastiest and freshest fish around.