Updates on the Lakewood Girl’s Basketball Team

On Tuesday, Nov. 1, the Lakewood Girls Basketball team hosted their first home scrimmage against the visiting Berea Midpark Titans and Beaumont. In multiple back-to-back 10-minute scrimmages, the Lakewood Rangers held their own. The girls found great success working the ball inside and executing their offenses. Their smothering defense opened up a lot of opportunities for the Rangers.

Senior Jacqueline Hudak has played for the Lakewood Basketball Program for all four years of high school and has been a varsity player for three. She reflected on her and her team’s performance on Tuesday, stating, “The scrimmage gave useful insight on the way the team will perform this season and the success we have. I found myself on the defensive side of the ball more often than not creating scoring opportunities for the team. I think a little more work on shooting and how to utilize the inside game will set us up for some big wins this year. Looking forward to seeing students come out and support, go Rangers”.

On Saturday, Nov. 5 , the Lakewood Girl’s Varsity squad will travel out to John Carroll University to participate in a Pink Preview. This is a breast cancer event that showcases female athletes and coaches. Teams around the area were invited to partake in a practice and play two quarters of a game. The girls are excited about this event and the opportunity to be involved in such a great message!