Lakewood Public Library Hosting ‘Dear Ukraine’ Programming

The Lakewood Public Library Website

All this information is sourced from cleveland.com and lakewoodpubliclibrary.org

The Lakewood Public Library’s Madison branch and Main Branch is hosting a program called “Dear Ukraine”. The visitors of the library can experience ‘“Dear Ukraine”, it features pop-up exhibits that are meant to create awareness of the culture, achievements, and the history of Ukraine. The program will be running up until March 30, 2023.

Some of the activities and exhibits are “exhibit–Dear Ukraine,” where you can read the sample poem “Dear Ukraine” and also have a chance to create your own, at the main branch and Madison branch. There will be a sunflower scavenger hunt, where you can learn about the facts of this flower, which is the symbol of Ukraine. Poet in residence, Katie Daley, will be leading poetry workshops for, sixth, seventh, and eighth graders during fall 2022. Film scholar Terry Meehan’s series of five Ukrainian films will be presented on Nov. 6 in the main library auditorium. On Nov. 12 at the main branch and Nov. 13 at the Madison branch, there will be the WorldStage Performance—The Life of Taras Shevchenko. The performance is about the life of Taras Shevchenko, the founder of Ukrainian poetry. On Nov. 14, at both the main branch and Madison branch, they will be teaching The Ukrainian Art of Papercutting, for students in third through twelfth grade. On Nov. 20, at the main library auditorium, they will be screening The White Bird Marked With Black.

There are many more exhibits and activities of Dear Ukraine than listed. Where to find all of what is happening at Lakewood Public Libraries main branch and Madison branch go to  https://www.lakewoodpubliclibrary.org/category/dear-ukraine/.