First Week of Swim Practice

First Week of Swim Practice

The first week of swim practice is now over and the season has officially begun! Swim and Dive season is always an exciting time of the year. Lasting until about February, the swim season is packed with competitive meets and events. The first event on the calendar is Tuesday, Nov. 29. This date marks the start of the competitive swim season with a meet against Normandy High School. It is hosted at our home pool here at Lakewood High School. So to all non-swimmers, make sure you come out and support! 

Senior captain of the swim team, Lydianna Trudel, shares that “The first week of swim is always so exciting because we love to meet new people and just inspire people to work hard.” When asked about her outlook on the season, she replied, “I think this is going to be a great season because we have a lot of people with natural talent and a lot of people who are determined this year.”

This positive mindset is exactly what Lakewood needs to bring home the ribbons this season. Additionally, a new member of the swim team, senior Clare Morrissey, shares “It’s my first season swimming, but I’m already having so much fun!” These encouraging notes of excitement and hope are already signs of a strong season.

What else is important for a strong season? The answer: a strong student section. Mark your calendars for all upcoming home events and make sure to make some noise for our swimmers. As always, go Lakewood Rangers!