Upcoming Varsity Boys Basketball Scrimmage

The 2022-2023 Boys’ basketball season is now underway here at Lakewood High School! Our Rangers have been practicing for the past few weeks in order to better prepare themselves for the start of regular season games in the GLC: the Great Lakes Conference. The GLC is filled with various surrounding schools including Normandy, Holy Name, Padua, Valley Forge, Parma, and Buckeye. These schools make up the bulk of the Rangers basketball season, but additional opponents also include Strongsville, Brush,  Elyria, Rhodes, St. Edward, and Twinsburg. These teams are all tough competition that will certainly provide a few competitive games for Lakewood. 

Although, before the team jumps into these regular season competitions, there are four scrimmages left to be played. These future scrimmages include Cuyahoga Falls, Mt. Healthy, Vermillion, and Cleveland Central Catholic. The first of these competitions will be played on Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 6 p.m. Coached by Mr. Cammock and led by three senior boys, Myles Harper, Oseid Albadarin, and Brayden Volcansek, the team will have plenty of leadership and experience to help guide them in their upcoming season. Hopefully, with said leadership, our boy’s basketball team can lock down a successful season within the conference. And even more importantly, within the OHSAA, Ohio High School Athletic Association, tournament, following the end of the season. Although, until these regular season games, and later playoffs, begin, make sure to come out to each of the scrimmages and support your Lakewood Boys Varsity basketball team! As always, let’s go Rangers!