LHS Peer Mediation Program

LHS Peer Mediation Program
WikiHow

Have you ever got upset about rumors being spread about you on social media or in person? Have you ever had a misunderstanding with someone that has spiraled out of control? Have you ever got into a physical fight with someone then later realized that it didn’t help resolve the problem? Have you ever felt or been stuck in the middle of a breakup or friendships? If you have ever felt like you have been stuck in any situation like this or similar, you may want to consider the LHS Peer Mediation Program.

Peer mediation is a confidential process for resolving conflicts with the help of trained students who act as a neutral third party. Peer mediators follow a script to help students in conflict resolve disputes in a peaceful manner. Peer mediators do not take sides or place blame on anyone. Each person involved in the conflict has a chance to tell their side of the story, and you try to come up with solutions to your conflict. What you say won’t be shared with anyone, this is your time to be open with what is happening and not have to feel like you have no one to talk to. You are able to request a mediation at any time, there has been an email sent out to all students with a referral form.

If you have any question about the Peer Mediation Program you can see Ms. Flynn in C318.