Dave’s Hot Chicken vs. Raising Canes

Daves Hot Chicken vs. Raising Canes
Mallory Zavachen

If you are a chicken connoisseur then there are no better places to get your chicken fix than Dave’s Hot Chicken and Raising Canes… but the question is, which one is better?

Dave’s Hot Chicken is located in the center of Lakewood on Detroit Avenue, right next to hot spots like Beyond Juicery, Chipotle, and Starbucks. Dave’s offers seven different levels of heat for the chicken, ranging from no spice to Reaper spice. Dave’s also has four meals you can order with various sides like mac n’ cheese, fries, coleslaw, sliced bread, and pickles. But Lakewoodites seem to have opinionated perspectives on this Chicken spot…

Chicken specialist, Jaquie Hudak says, “the chicken meals are so overpriced and it’s not even close to being worth it… but the fries are pretty good and so are the sauces.”

Raising Cane’s approaches the table with a different perspective on the world of fried chicken. Located by Giant Eagle and The Winking Lizard, Cane’s is a very convenient and classic spot for grab n’ go chicken and fries. Cane’s offer four different combo meals with your preference of the main course option, choices are between chicken tenders or chicken sandwiches… and for sides, you can get their signature Crinkle-Cut fries, the iconic Cane’s Texas Toast, or a side of coleslaw. 

With a vegetarian perspective, Clare Morrissey says, “Cane’s is an unparalleled chicken restaurant… you don’t even have to eat chicken to know that it’s better than Dave’s Hot. I could literally get caught hitting the Cane’s drive-through solely for the golden and delectable Texas Toast.”

Stop by these Lakewood chicken spots to decide for yourself… is the hot n’ spicy overpriced chicken plug of Dave’s Hot better than the original, convenient, and almost nostalgic chicken plug of Raising Cane’s?