Music Marathon Outcome and What Comes After

Springfield News

Yay! The Music Marathon is behind us and the $10,000 goal was not only reached, but exceeded by more than $8,000. This will greatly benefit the Orchestra department in so many ways and will raise the bar immensely for the succeeding marathons, keep up the good work sponsors and orchestra students! 

Now what will come next? Recital sign ups are happening right now for any student that wants to practice auditioning and playing in a professional environment, students are also able to play with or without an accompanist, so go ahead and support your orchestra friends and family members that may want to try out! 

Something else that is growing ever nearer for the music department is the Sounds of The Seasons concert, which will take place on the first of December, which is almost two weeks earlier than last year’s performance. This concert is an event taken very seriously, as the music department has been rehearsing since the beginning of October. The orchestra, band, and choir will all come together to create a wonderful and fun concert for anyone who is looking for some holiday spirit to come and enjoy. Family and friends are all welcome to root for the performers since this concert is a day that we have all been preparing for and counting down until. Wish the music department luck!